Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where's Rachel Ray when we need her?

It has been about a week since Luke got his wisdom teeth pulled. Unfortunately, things aren't going so well. He is still in pain and still can't eat normal food. Were still constrained to smooth foods and those that fall into the non-chewing category. This includes soup, mac-n-cheese, yogurt, applesauce, ice cream, etc. This making dinner thing is getting to be difficult. Were getting tired of mac-n-cheese and soup. And really, tomato soup just isn't the same without grilled cheese sandwiches, which require the use of teeth. Plus, we need protein. Last night Luke wanted sweet potato casserole, so I made it. Something wasn't quite right, but it was still good. I don't think potatoes are my forte, though. And chicken is pretty much out of the question, as is ham, steak, etc. We did manage some ground beef/tomato/mac-n-cheese concoction the other day. Help! Im running out of ideas. When I got my wisdom teeth out I was eating real food within a week I think. I wish there was some way I could make grilled cheese tomato soup. Like the grilled cheese part was part of the soup. I'll have to see if I can figure that out. And poor luke, all he wants is a steak!

No comments: