Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Virginia is for Lovers...and Fraziers

Big news! We're moving to Virginia this summer to go back to school. We have both been accepted to Liberty University for the Fall 09 semester. Luke has been attending Liberty U Online for a year and is working towards his Masters in Divinity. He wanted to finish his degree on campus to get a better education. I recently decided that I wanted to go back to school as well - I will be studying to get a Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy. Eventually I would like to work with kids and help them to be better adjusted and more confident and to deal with their disfunctional families better. I would also like to try to incorporate massage with counseling. I think it could be really powerful since massage is sometimes indusive to emotional releases.

We're both really sad to be leaving Bozeman and our friends and family and our jobs, but were excited for the new opportunity and to go back to school. Liberty is located in Lynchburg, VA. Its one of the most popular retirement communities in the nation, and has 6 colleges and universities. The area is especially known for its rich history. General Lee surrendered the Civil War not too far from where we'll be living. And speaking of living, housing is really cheap, so were excited to BUY a house. We can buy a house for about $100,000. Thats cheaper than renting. I am excited to buy a house and be able to paint and make improvements. I've been watching a lot of HGTV to gear up for playing interior decorator. Last weekend I fixed up the "Bobcat Hotel" (the spare room my parents stay in when they come for Bobcat football games) into an office.

Were going to Virginia in April to visit the campus and look at houses. It will be nice to spend a few days just checking out where our new home will be.

More details to come...

2 comments:

Annie said...

Nice, a college town full of retirees. It'll be a fun adventure to live on the other side of the country!

Allison said...

I love how excited you are about your new adventure... you'll have to fill me in on which airport is closest!