Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Broken Toe

I broke my toe a few weeks ago. (insert laugh) I stubbed it really really hard on the couch leg at Okey's house.(insert laugh) I told Luke that I broke it and he didn't believe me because I have a small habit of telling him I broke whatever body part I hurt. For example: If I whack my elbow on a table or door jam or something else hard I will say "ow, luke I think I broke my elbow." Im always fine of course, but for some reason this behavior goes right along with the story of the boy who cried wolf. So anyways, luke did not believe me and I was laughing hysterically. I told him to call my mom and ask her about the time I broke my toe and told her I broke it and she didn't believe me and didn't believe me until she took me to the doctor and learned that I actually broke it. Trust me, I know what a broken toe feels like. Luckily, this was my baby toe instead of my big toe, so it hurt a little less. And it was insanely funny at the time. Fast forward two and a half weeks. My fricken foot still hurts!!! Saturday it hurt like crazy after we walked all over campus for graduation. I limped to Mark's new car and whined about my foot the whole way. :) Im really good at that. So today I am stranded at work for lunch because my suby is dead and Luke had a meeting. He suggested that I walk home, which would be a good idea. Exercise would be good for me. But I know if I walk the 2.5 miles roundtrip, my foot is going to hurt like crazy. And its already bugging me enough today. Just walking to Albertsons made it hurt (Point of reference - Albertsons is like less than 2 blocks away). I hope my foot feels better soon!

No comments: