Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Were still alive!

I know, I know, Its been a looongggg time since I've blogged. I wanted to tell everyone about our amazing trip to Lynchburg, but I wanted to include pictures and I never remember to download them, etc etc so I just kind of didn't get anything written. I will try to catch up with everything...

Lynchburg, VA- We love Lynchburg. Its so beautiful there and it feels homey. Like for example, I wasn't freaked out about being mugged by scary people like I was when we were stranded in Atlanta. We looked at lots of houses but have not made a decision yet. Our realtor is amazing. She met with us twice while we were there. Were still looking at stuff online, but its hard to tell from pictures. We might have to go out for one more weekend to look again.

Liberty U- The campus is ginormous and gorgeous. Everyone was really friendly and they pulled out all the stops. Plus, the new bookstore opened while we were there. Its a Barnes & Noble with a clothing section and regular books and a little cafe with food and drinks, then all the school books and school supplies are downstairs. We went on a sunday afternoon and they had live music at an open mike. Luke got to meet the 2nd in command of his department and he was super nice and very helpful. He gave luke his cell phone number and told us that if we needed anything we should call, and if I needed anything I could call his wife. (!)

Tourism- We went to Appomattox, Roanoke, Monticello, and just kind of drove around and checked things out. We like the area a lot. One thing was weird though. In Montana we have little coffee kiosk stands on every corner and in Virginia we didn't see any. (?!?) What? Weird. Just a few starbucks and a local coffee shop. This is so weird to me. Probably because Bozeman is like the coffee drinking capital of the world.

Job - I have a really good lead on a job doing full-time massage at a local clinic. I have talked to the owner several times and it sounds really promising. I still need to meet her and give her a massage, but things are looking good. :) They have a great reputation and are really busy. Luke hasn't heard anything on internships, but we should know sometime this summer.

No comments: