Wednesday, December 31, 2008

one year anniversary

Its official! We've been married for one year. Its kind of crazy. A year seems like a long time but it has flown by. Im a lucky girl. We went to Spokane for an anniversary trip this weekend. We stayed at the Oxford Suites and went shopping and ate at fabulous restaurants. It was a lot of fun. And a much needed vacation after Christmas with the entire Bowman family (36 for Christmas dinner). We drove back on Monday, our anniversary, and after 8.5 hours of driving through a snowstorm, we finally made it to butte and decided to stay with my Gram. I know that once you hit butte youre only like 77 miles from Bozo, but after 8.5 hours and lots of snow, we just couldn't do it. We got back to Bozo on Tuesday morning at 10. So last night we had our romantic dinner. I bought a replica of the top of our wedding cake, since we didn't get to save it. Get this. Wedding cakes are like $4/slice. We got the double top tier that serves at least 8 people (I think an 8" cake with two layers) for $12. By my calculations, I probably paid $32 for the top at the actual wedding. I know my next career: cake baker! J/K. But it was really nice, and Luke bought me a diamond wedding band to match my engagement ring. It is gorgeous!! I really wanted one but was having trouble finding one when we were ring shopping and I didnt' want to pay for one so I just got a plain band. Luke surprised me with the diamond band. I love it! It looks so good. I got him a pair of sweats, how lame am I? I definitely got the better end of the deal.

Happy Anniversary to us!