Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It was two years ago today...



that Luke and I met. We were introduced by Dee & Shelly Batey, friends of my parents and relatives of luke's roommate Okey. I think we were the only two people they knew that were our age, so they fixed us up. And well, obviously it worked! We didn't meet until after the Bobcat football game and then we stood in the tailgate area and talked and talked until we were the last two people left. So we hopped the fence and started our first date. We stopped at my house, his house, then went to dinner at MacKenzie River Pizza downtown, then went back to Luke's house and talked until like 10:30 or 11 pm. Our first date was like 8 hours long. I blew off my halloween plans with my friends to spend time with Luke. However, three days later I went to Theresa's house and told her I had met the man I was going to marry. I think she was extremely surprised, but was happy for me. Six months after our first date we were engaged, and eight months after that we were married. Tomorrow marks 10 months that we've been happily married. These two years have flown by and been my best ever!

No comments: