Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Eagles!

So Chicago was a blast! And once again, our plane was delayed. So we arrived in Chicago at about 6 (instead of 4:45) and promptly got into a taxi. By the time we got to the hotel it was like 7:30ish so we dropped our luggage with the bellboy and my parents jumped into the cab and we drove to the United center. We were like the youngest people there, next to the 4 year old a few rows down. Glen the Eagle actually said "Welcome to the Eagles Assisted Living Tour!" He made jokes about how it was all old people, which it was. But it was fun. Here are a few pics:


Notice the awesome black line in the middle - yeah, thats a ginormous electricity cable coming down from the ceiling to the computers where they do all the sound and background designs and lights and stuff. I know almost all the old Eagles songs, which I was impressed with. I didn't think I'd know anything besides Hotel California. Which is awesome live, btw.

Friday morning we went on an architecture tour of Chicago via boat. It was pretty neat. I'll post some pictures of that later. And we did a little bit of shopping on the Magnificent Mile, which I would love to explore more (read: go shopping!) when I have the time. It was pretty fabulous.

We got home Friday night at 11:25 and I took a nap Saturday and we both fell asleep on the couch Saturday night at like 8:30. It was a whirlwind tour but really fun.

No comments: