Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the Final Answer

I finally got an answer out of the gynecologist's office. I do have to have a LEEP procedure, where they basically electrically cut out the bad cells in my cervix. Yeah, that sounds like fun! Especially the part about injecting it with anesthesia stuff so that it's numb. Yuck! But I get some days off work, so thats a plus. Im going in on August 13th in the afternoon. My FNP said that it will probably help my lupus because then my body wont be fighting so hard to fix the bad cells and it can focus on other things. I wanted to do it ASAP, but she said we need time to heal from the biopsies a few weeks ago. White puts the LEEP a week before we go to Alaska. Meaning a total damper on our romantic weekend. My boss said I should get some valium before I go in so that its not as painful/traumatic. It sounds like a good idea to me! The less I remember, the better.

1 comment:

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

I'll be thinking about you Kels, keep us (the world wide web!) haha posted. xxoxoxo